Monday, April 28, 2008

Senior Trip, another crit, and my feeble attempt at Mountain Biking

Senior Trip was amazing! Flat out one of the best times of my life. We left early on Tuesday morning like April 15th? By early I mean 2 a.m. Our flight didn't leave until almost 8 a.m. I didn't sleep much at the school, however I slept the whole bus ride to the Airport. We get to the airport and check in, and get moving through security. This first trip through security was one of the worst experiences of the whole trip. While in line I check for my cell phone in my pocket, it isn't there. Shit. It must have fallen out of my pocket on the bus ride. I inform a teacher, and long story short I would eventually get my phone back. (When I got home from the trip.) So we hang out in the airport for awhile and wait for our flight time. Luckily they had a pretty cool playground. Finally we board the plane and wait
some more. We take off, and with a big cheer from my classmates we were off on Senior Trip officially. The plane ride was smooth and quick.
The first day we hit up Epcot before checking into our rooms at the All-Star Music Resort. Epcot sucked, it's really pretty lame. There are like four attractions and loads of people, and the attractions are nothing special in my mind. (For the record I don't really like amusement parks, I'm just generally not amused.) After Epcot and checking in we headed over to the Magic Kingdom. It ended up being just Brian Anderson (My Asian travel companion) and me for the first hour or so. We went on some alright rides, and then met up with the girls for dinner. Dinner was nothing special, just more Disney fast food. After dinner we head over to the Thunder Mountain railroad. Waiting in line had to be the best part about this ride. Our whole group was just being crazy. Our group was Brian, Myself, and like 8 girls. After Thunder Mountain Railroad we headed over to Splash Mountain because there was no wait. We got soaked and it was 55 degrees out. We froze but it was awesome. As soon as we get off the ride the fireworks display began; I must admit it was a pretty awesome display. After the fireworks we headed back to the hotel...cold and tired. The next day was Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. I had never been there before so it was kind of neat to see something new. Other than that, Universal was kind of lame. There were some cool roller coasters and the Mummy ride was also pretty cool but other than that it wasn't anything special. We left Universal around 4 p.m. and drove back to hit up the Animal Kingdom for a special after hours thing. We get in the park and run to Expedition Everest, only to find out that it is closed due to a mechanical problem. Then it was back to the front of the park to see if we could go back to our hotel early. Of course of teachers were not allowing that, but that didn't stop us from trying to find a way out. As seen here: Plotting our escape.
After around a half hour of messing around at the front of the park we were finally allowed to leave. We hustled back to our rooms, got changed and then play Ultimate Frisbee in the pool. It was pretty cool because we got some other kids that were swimming to play and I don't know it was just cool. So after about an hour of that it was off to bed as the next day would be another long adventure.
The next morning after breakfast my room jetted over to Animal Kingdom to try and get on Everest. We got lucky and had to wait like 10 minutes, and even luckier because Brian Anderson and myself got front row seats. Everest was definitely a cool ride. Once we finished up on Everest we left the park and went over to Disney's Hollywood Studios a.k.a. MGM. We went on a bunch of rides and hung out with some cool people. A must see for anyone going to Disney is the car stunt show. I also got selected to be a volunteer in the back lot studios tour. That was cool I got to pretend to be a PT boat captain.
All in all MGM was pretty cool, and remains my favorite park. That night we loaded up on the buses and headed over to Sea World for the Luoa. That was a fun little show with a short little dance afterwards. Friday was our day at the water park. Brian and I decided to make it a relaxing day at Typhon Lagoon. We got there as soon as it opened and went straight over to the Water Coasters. Brian and I went tandem style and on our third trip down we were getting pretty aggressive. We were just railing the corners, really leaning into them, really getting some speed. Until one corner where we got a little too aggressive, and flipped it. We both fell around 5-6 feet in the air and slammed into the slide. It hurt, it hurt a lot. However we were both cracking up. The rest of the day was pretty awesome, we played some volleyball, I got fried and we swam some more. It was awesome. That night we all went to MGM again to see the Fantasmic show. Which again was pretty surprising and I think is a must see. The next day, our last day would be spent in the Magic Kingdom. It was a lot of fun and then it was time to leave. Everything went well on the way home and I got in around 11 p.m. What an awesome trip, I really am glad I decided to go.
Sunday morning and it's back to normal, I headed over to the Lower Providence Crit to do the 3/4 race. Not riding for a week definitely hurt me. I didn't have the high end endurance I normally would. A break managed to get away late in the race with two guys in it. They would stay away, I turned in a decent field sprint for an 6th place overall. I had also picked up a prime earlier in the race. Not too bad for not riding, though I definitely would need to get that speed back.
Sunday April 27th. My attempt at Mt. Biking, I signed up to race the Jr. Expert class at the Norba race in Maryland. All I have to say is mechanicals and mud. Thats about it, I didn't finish.

Oh well life rolls on, it makes me appreciate my road bike soo much more.

Peace and Love,
Patrick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.