Thursday, April 3, 2008

18 at last

Well I did not wake up this morning feeling any different than I did on yesterday. I don't know I guess it's pretty cool. Still I had to get up and go to school. Today would be better than the rest right? Of course it would be, it's my birthday. I get to homeroom and am delighted that my friend Alycia has decided to hook me up with a sweet little birthday breakfast, Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Belgian Waffle. Sweet. So I leave for first period already stoked that I've got food, on the way I am greeted by my friend Krista who gave me a huge plate of cookies. Wow I guess I'm looking thin today? Off to German class where I was treated to a Chocolate cake with vanilla icing from Christine. I left first period feeling a little glutenous. I ended up giving away just about all of my cookies in my English class. It's cool I didn't need to eat anymore than 7 or 8. Not a bad start to the day I have to admit. After lunch I was treated to my favorite birthday treat in the whole world, double-period AP chem test. Which would be followed up with a delicious serving of an Anatomy and Physiology test. The tests went as well as tests can go for their respective subjects. After my Anatomy test I was treated to a plateful of brownies, however these were no ordinary brownies. These brownies were made my the black widow. Yes she has received that nickname due to her "Putting" my and her now boyfriend in the hospital. When she "put" me in the hospital it was exactly one year to the day, and with similar circumstances...

It was my 17th birthday and she had made me a nice big brownie cake. I ate it and two days later found my self near death, and would have to have emergency surgery as well as spend a week in the hospital recovering. (Now honestly her brownies had nothing to do with it however I would always play with that a bit.) So this year I'm of course a little nervous about taking the brownies but I do anyway. I give a ton away as like the rest of the food today. I take my seat in my final class of the day Calculus and I dig in. So I'm breaking a brownie apart and munching away when I come across the second attempt on my life by the black widow, I find a Hairpin baked into the brownie. Wow is all I have to say. So I meet her after class and joked about it a bit. Happy Eighteenth to me! All in all not too bad a day.

After school I decided to take a drive up to Greentree. I was feeling a little tired after all the days events and really was having a tough time getting motivated. I get dressed and start rolling around, my legs still not feeling snappy as Tuesday night. The ride starts and I'm staying near the front and pushing myself a bit. Long story short, no breaks would stick. Five laps to go and I start thinking about sprinting. I follow some wheels and get myself the best seat in the house. with two laps to go I'm sitting on Hudson's wheel and Mambo's has control of the leadout. One lap to go and the pace is high. Coming through the chicane on the backstretch of the course a Human zoom rider tries to take a flyer. He blows up on the second to last corner, Hudson and his leadout man break left of the Human zoom rider and I was forced to break right. I managed to pull back into Hudson's draft and into the final corner. I start sprinting, I get closer than I ever have (Up about halfway overlapping his rear wheel) I couldn't get any closer but I finished 2nd.

I drive home feeling accomplished and stoked about a pretty solid ride. I walk in the door to a nice big stack of cards and boxes. Nice! Raisonets, and a box of Pitman Cream donuts. Underneath those was a heavier box, which contained a little itty-bitty digital camera. My parents are great with stuff like that, I really did not expect anything when I got home and that really put the cap on a great day. Here's to 18 great years!

Peace and Love,
Patrick

2 comments:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

chicks giving you patries everyhour?

I wish I had that when I was in school!

happy b-day dude!

respect
faticus

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

chicks giving you pastries everyhour?

I wish I had that when I was in school!

happy b-day dude!

respect
faticus